Basic Web Design and Web Accessibility
Participants of this course must:
- be a person with visual impairment.
- At least be a high school level student.
- Have their own laptop/desktop computers.
- Have a stable enough internet connection.
- Have attended the Digital Literacy training or any equivalent computer courses.
- Passed the pre-assessment to be conducted by ATRIEV Tech Support Team.
- Have commitment and willingness to learn.
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML)
- Introduction to HTML
- HTML Hyperlinks
- HTML Lists
- HTML Images
- HTML Tables
- HTML Forms
- HTML 5
- Cascading Stylesheet (CSS)
- Introduction to CSS
- CSS Colors and Background
- CSS Text and Fonts
- Box Model
- CSS Layout
- CSS Links, Navigation Bar and Dropdowns
- Alert, Prompt, and Confirm
- Selection Process
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Introduction to WCAG
- Process of Web auditing
- Automated accessibility checker
- WCAG Audit Report
- Technical Writing
“The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.” Tim Berners-Lee said, the inventor of the world wide web. Learn how to create accessible websites and discover the world of website design and development.
Hear from our Previous Participants
No words could possibly express how happy I was when I was informed that I had been chosen and sponsored to receive a scholarship. Your generosity encourages me not only to continue to be hopeful through atriev, but also to continue to my education.
Mary Grace Campang
Words are not enough to express my thankfulness in the Organizations who support the Intro to Computer Science training for the community of Visually Impaired, without you these could never been happened, to the Faculty and Board members of ATRIEV I am greatly thankful for the opportunity to join
Gian Paolo Carillaga
Dear ATRIEV, Norfil and Microsoft corp, thank you for sponsorship and now I have 3 finish course DLT (Digital Literecy Training) General Transcription and ICS( Introduction to Computer Science) Thank you for all of you for giving me a chance to continue my dream and my life , thank you for encouraging me to learn about screen reader.