Parent-Child Digital Team Learning – Windows
A 10-day online team learning training that aims to equip parents/guardian and their blind children with the attitude, skills and knowledge about Windows computers in tandem with Non-Visual Desktop Access (NVDA), Microsoft Word and Internet through demonstration and hands-on exercises.
Participants of this course must
- Be a parent/guardian of a person with visual impairment
- Have their own Windows laptop/desktop
With your child, learn how to:
- Navigate their computers with Non-Visual Desktop Access (NVDA) and Windows commands
- Type with the home row keys
- Manage files and folders
- Edit text using clipboard commands with MS Word
- Format text through the ribbon and font dialog box
- Search the internet with single letter navigation and element’s list
Enjoy discovering the power of assistive technology with your child. Improve their performance in school and help them to use computer independently. Watch-out for the schedule of training on our Facebook page.